Classic Yard Games - An Instruction Manual for Parents, Teachers and Children
Young people are used to instant entertainment at the flick of a switch or the push of a button, so some children can find it difficult to entertain themselves without electronic assistance. Classic Yard Games can remedy this and help to make children self-starters.
These games can be:
- played for sheer enjoyment;
- played with enthusiasm by different generations;
- played in small areas, with little equipment and with simple rules;
- used to promote exercise, fitness, physical skills, body co-ordination, socialisation, teamwork, independence and ethics;
- made suitable for one person, pairs, teams and groups.