Independent publisher of early literacy programs and teacher reference books
Eleanor Curtain Publishing (ECP) specialises in early literacy programs and teacher reference, with over 600 titles in print.
ECP is an award-winning independent publisher based in Australia and publishes for schools in Australia, New Zealand, US, Canada, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, South Africa, UAE, Ireland and UK.
At the heart of ECP’s early literacy publishing is our commitment to students and teachers to provide engaging and relevant content that connects with their experiences.
Early literacy programs
ECP publishes three major early literacy programs. These are research-based and carefully levelled through field testing in schools.
- Flying Start to Literacy
- Explorations Strategies for Comprehension for informative texts
Teacher reference books
ECP has a wide range of teacher reference books that focus on all aspects of literacy as well as other curriculum areas including Physical Education.
Key teacher reference titles are:
- Developing Early Literacy: Assessment and Teaching, 2nd edition, by Susan Hill
- Effective Writing Instruction by Alison Davis
- Building Comprehension Strategies by Alison Davis
- Classroom Connections by Kath Murdoch
- A Closer Look at Guided Reading by David Hornsby
- Wet Games by Peter Meaney and Sarie Culka
ECP provides a range of online resources to support our printed resources and to further inform and engage with teachers and schools.
- Developing Early Literacy website: free resources and videos for assessing students’ reading behaviour.
- Regular blogs on current research and topical issues relating to teaching early literacy by Susan Hill, Associate Professor at the University of South Australia.
- Teacher talk: stimulating, thought-provoking articles about early literacy from our stable of authors.
- Free teacher resources: AlphaLiteracy Flying Start to Literacy
Meet the talented authors at ECP.
ECP has ongoing access to the latest academic research through respected and valued consultants and our early literacy publishing is underpinned by current research findings. Find out about research
ECP publishes for schools in Australia, Canada, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Ireland, UK, US, China and UAE. Our international publishing involves versioning content and language (English, French, Spanish) to suit the market.
ECP partners with specialist educational publishers and distributors including:
- Okapi Educational Publishing (US)
- Edify (New Zealand)
- Sundance Publishing (US)
- Macmillan Education (Australia)
- Scholastic (Canada)
- Macmillan Boleswa (South Africa)
- AgaWorld and Compass Media (Korea)